> Pos Software, besides StoneEdge
boatersoutlet
post Jun 3 2008, 05:49 AM
Post #1

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 2,910

What do all of you use that run both an online store as well as a B&M, pulling from the same inventory? We currently use StoneEdge while the software is ok, the reporting is criminally inaccurate. We have approximately 15,000 skus, so it would have to be able to handle this. Any of your input would be appreciated. thumbsup.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jared
post Jun 3 2008, 06:08 AM
Post #2

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,665

Mike-

Although not directly answering your question, I thought I'd still respond... we currently use MonsterCommerce and StoneEdge; we've been using both since 1/1/05, and - as far as I've been able to determine - are the largest (or, at the least, one of the largest) MonsterCommerce stores they host.

Over the past 3.5 years, we've been very happy with the reports generated by StoneEdge (along with the information being exported to Quickbooks); although I certainly see people post in the StoneEdge forums about discrepancies between reports, most of these issues are resolved once the user understands what information generates each report. Although StoneEdge could do a lot to describe (inside the user interface) how each report generates its numbers (and therefore which reports one should look at in specific situations), the reports have been very accurate for us.

Are you having any specific problems with reporting? Posting about it (here or in the StoneEdge forums) might yield a response that solves the discrepancy; lacking that, there are very few programs out there meant to integrate with both a website and do B&M sales, especially when looking at MonsterCommerce... the transition to v7 may mean more programs will be able to integrate, but I wouldn't expect to see those integrations until late this year or early next year...

+Quote Post
boatersoutlet
post Jun 3 2008, 07:13 AM
Post #3

Monster Wannabe
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,910

QUOTE(Jared @ Jun 3 2008, 08:54 AM) *
Mike-

Although not directly answering your question, I thought I'd still respond... we currently use MonsterCommerce and StoneEdge; we've been using both since 1/1/05, and - as far as I've been able to determine - are the largest (or, at the least, one of the largest) MonsterCommerce stores they host.

Over the past 3.5 years, we've been very happy with the reports generated by StoneEdge (along with the information being exported to Quickbooks); although I certainly see people post in the StoneEdge forums about discrepancies between reports, most of these issues are resolved once the user understands what information generates each report. Although StoneEdge could do a lot to describe (inside the user interface) how each report generates its numbers (and therefore which reports one should look at in specific situations), the reports have been very accurate for us.

Are you having any specific problems with reporting? Posting about it (here or in the StoneEdge forums) might yield a response that solves the discrepancy; lacking that, there are very few programs out there meant to integrate with both a website and do B&M sales, especially when looking at MonsterCommerce... the transition to v7 may mean more programs will be able to integrate, but I wouldn't expect to see those integrations until late this year or early next year...

Thanks for your reply. I have gone back and forth with several people about the reports within StonEdge and have even had some custom reports done for us. We have even had our accountant read over our e-mails with StoneEdge and nothing has come of it. The accountant cannot come up with a logical accounting explanation for the way the data is collected in StoneEdge.

You cannot get accurate reports for sales, period. One report will give you one total for sales, while another report will give you a different total. IMO, your sales for a given day are a definite total and that total should not vary from report to report. The closest I can tell, the Daily Audit provides accurate numbers for balancing the B&M at the end of the day, but there is not a report that can give you those same numbers for a given period of time, i.e. when we need to turn in our monthly totals, our P&L's or yearly numbers to our accountant. If you take all of your totals from the Daily Audit, say for a month, and add them together, that should be your sales totals for the month. If you take this same time frame and run a report like "Accounting Summary - New" the sales figure is different.

I don't mean to make this a rant, but there should be a simple and accurate way to find out what your sales are. The fact is, we cannot trust the sales figures StoneEdge is calculating. Again, I don't want to rant about StoneEdge, it has been a big help as far as processing our Internet orders. As far as that goes, I know we probably won't find anything better. But the reports are bad.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2018 - 05:37 AM