> Clothing Sales
tahj1024
post May 1 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #1

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Group: Posting Members
Member No.: 10,039

Hey, I was wondering who out there is selling clothing? I am pretty new on monstersmile.gif and am having little sucess. My sites visitors are asking for a physical store BUT I dont have one. Clothing is one of those things that people want to see, touch and fit. I am faced with many decision. Does any one have any advise for selling clothing? Should I show clothing on people, on dummies or neither? Do more men or women buy clothing online? About how often should I expect returns...Any information will help. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sgrover
post May 2 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #2

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Group: MonsterVIP
Member No.: 3,898

As a customer, I would prefer to see the clothing on a person. I also like to see multiple views of the clothing, such as from the front, the side, and the rear.

+Quote Post
macrick
post May 2 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #3

Monster Stallion
Group Icon

Group: Beta Testers
Member No.: 4,967

QUOTE(sgrover @ May 2 2007, 04:16 PM) [snapback]124094[/snapback]
As a customer, I would prefer to see the clothing on a person. I also like to see multiple views of the clothing, such as from the front, the side, and the rear.

As a customer, I hate shopping for clothes in person, trying on clothes, looking for right size, standing in line to pay for them, kids running around being corrected by there parents, crowd in the mall, traffic, etc . . .

Buying clothes online, in the convenience of my home or office is just fine by me. I have had to return a couple of items, but for the most part, I know my sizes, styles, etc. . . and get it right the first time.

Have you ever set up a brick and mortar?, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, a website $$!

+Quote Post
KennyE
post May 3 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #4

Monster Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 6,397

Clothing is our main line of products. Altho' our demographic is probably radically different from yours. We use whatever images the manufacturers offer in their marketing kits. Most are not on dummies. Very few have multiple image views. Some do, and we use those when available. Mostly, we try to describe the items as best we can. Make sure your variants are accurate. And go for it.

As for returns. Lordy!! Those vary and can be quite ....... interesting. We had some shirts returned the other day from a purchase made in June '06!! We've had them smelling like cigars! Had sweat stains. Perfume. Name it. If it's within 30 days and can be resold (tags, etc still on) they get a refund. Otherwise - 15% restocking fee. Some returns are refused. What % are being returned? Depends on the items. Believe it or not, our biggest return item is gloves. Second ........ shoe strings! But these are for military/LE boots and have got to be exact.

As for a BnM, I keep voting NO!!

+Quote Post
wackyjazz
post May 3 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #5

Monster Sergeant
Group Icon

Group: Beta Testers
Member No.: 6,283

I had a brick and mortar store for three years...my vote NO! For me it wasn't worth the hassle. As for the photos you do need photos that show the product better. Returns...it depends. I had to change my policy for Halloween costumes...can only be exchanged for a different size of the same style for any costume purchased from Oct 10th to Nov 5th. Like another merchant I had problems with people buying costumes, wearing them, and then returning to get their money back....

+Quote Post
tahj1024
post May 4 2007, 05:57 PM
Post #6

Monster PHD
Group Icon

Group: Posting Members
Member No.: 10,039

for the most part may manufacures dont have marketing kits and what not. thats y i am pushing my site so hard to be #1 in reggae fashion. I dont have to many people to beat out because i have no real competition. its hard work gathering a large amount of this stuff. it to me a alittle under a year to build up my list of designers. I hope it wont take as long to get this site going. its cheaper to do but than a brk & mor. but it is so hard to get a site traffic so i am trying to figgure out how i should do things so thanx guys

+Quote Post
baitnhook
post May 10 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #7

Average Monster
Group Icon

Group: Verified Store Member
Member No.: 10,372

tahj1024

Get some women to try on the clothing. Use sex appeal

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 09:52 AM